Friday, August 16, 2013

More Masculine Cards

My son asked that I make a card for his friend, who almost shares the same birthday as him, but they are three days apart...they should have been seven weeks apart but, his mum when two weeks overdue and I went five weeks early! Anyway, I thought that since both my son and I liked the card I made for his birthday I would recreate it, but instead of the motorbike image (which had significance for my son) I would just substitute a different image. The rest of the other elements were virtually the same, including the DSP I used.

Here is the new card (click here to see my son's original birthday card)...


It will be late getting to him, my usual practice these days it seems, because I haven't packaged up a gift for his beautiful newborn baby boy yet, who was born last month.

I also have another birthday next week that I needed to make a couple of cards for as my daughter's boyfriend is celebrating his birthday on Tuesday. She wanted me to make her a card to give him and I also needed one to go with our gift to him, so here they are (Emily can get to choose which one she wants and I will give the other). He doesn't follow my blog so I think I am safe sharing it here early.




He is a tradie so I thought this card might be an appropriate theme...



As you can see I have been on a roll using one of the new Designer Series Paper Packs that we have, Soho Subway (130140), and cardstock Early Espresso and Island Indigo that I may have to replenish my supplies. They make it easier to create masculine cards, although I did create a more feminine card using this DSP in an earlier post (click here to view) and even a child's 4th birthday card (click here to view). So you can see how versatile this DSP pack is.

Buying Designer Series Paper packs from Stampin' Up! at the moment is pretty good because for every 3 packs you buy you get 1 for FREE! Now who doesn't love a bargain. Remember this special is just for the month of August so get you supplies of beautiful paper soon. If you order online through my store don't forget to include my August Hostess Code E9TWEY96, click here to see more details).

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find something inspiring here on my blog. Have a enjoyable weekend.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

What a great collection of masculine cards!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails