Friday, November 29, 2013

Just Add Ink #193 - Inspiration Photo

With Christmas not that far away Kim gave us this Inspiration Photo to get us into the Christmas spirit and I think the Design Team 'starred' in their creations...


I was so slow in getting my card together (and now this post) so I was a bit 'star struck' with the creations already up and felt the pressure to come up with something different, using what products I had that fitted the theme.

Anyway the other night (after atleast 3 failed ideas that went in the bin!) I came up with this card.


I was especially pleased to use the 'Merry' word that I had previously cut out, borrowing a friend's (thanks Bridgette!) Thinlit Dies, and had sitting there to use. I since bought my own set of dies and will surely put them to good use.

This post has even taken longer to go up on my blog as this morning while I was typing it in my daughter came by with her new little pooch (as yet unnamed) and thus distracted me, then I had an appointment in town to keep plus get the groceries, that I have only just come back online to finish it.

Oh well, better late than never they say! Don't forget to see what other wonderful 'starry' designs the other Design Team members created by popping on over to Just Add Ink and get inspired to join in the fun.

Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

KimB said...

I really love your starry banner Mae - its a great idea I'm tucking away for next years card classes! It works perfectly with the Merry too - fab combo! xxx

Sharnee Torrents said...

THis is a gorgeous, fun Christmas card dear Mae!!
I sooo know what it's like to be distracted, at least you got there in the end!!! WELL DONE!
SMiles and hugs SHarnee :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is just lovely Mae - love the string of sparkly stars! Your merry sentiment works perfectly for your layout and I just love the fun colour combo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails