Friday, January 17, 2014

JAI #198 - Blog Hop!

Hi! Today Just Add Ink are starting off 2014 with a Blog Hop showcasing the new Envelope Punch Board and the two Card Thinlit Dies.


You may well have 'hopped' in here from the lovely Louise Sharp's blog, but if not, feel free to start the Blog Hop from here and hop around the DT blogs to see what beautiful creations have been made using these great products and to provide you with further inspiration. If you get lost along the way either pop back here for the list of DT Blogs to visit (see below) or go to the JAI Blog for the same.

I have had so much fun playing with the Envelope Punch Board as it not only makes envelopes to fit the various size cards you make (other than the standard size), but it is also very useful for making gift boxes and other projects. I also love the style of the corner rounder option it has and use this often on my projects.

As I wanted to showcase both products, and I love DSP, I thought I would combine everything to make a coordinated gift set. My project was inspired by the fact that one of the DT members, the beautiful Nikki, had celebrated a milestone birthday on Christmas Day and my sister, Jannette, is celebrating the same in February.

Here is my combined set...


The Modern Medley DSP pack is such an elegant and classy set to use for many projects and I thought it went so well with a milestone birthday celebration. Using the Circle Card Thinlit Die I created a card with an additional flap for my 'message' space, rather than just the basic card it cuts out.


I used a bit of Very Vanilla Seam Binding to help keep the card closed and decorate it up a bit further.


As this was for a special birthday I also took extra time to decorate the inside of the card. As you can see I haven't just made a basic card from the die but following measurements on Claire Daly's blog and also watching Patty Bennett's video I was able to make the card how I wanted, with an extra folded panel.


The inside greeting I actually made using my My Digital Studio (MDS) program to increase the text size to perfectly fit my circle and to have the ampersand (&) sit where I wanted above the word 'fabulous' (Fabulous Phrases stamp set).


A beautifully coordinated envelope was also required to go with such a lovely card and what easier way to make it, than with the Envelope Punch Board. So easy! I also followed directions from Mary Fish on making my envelope liner with a limited piece of DSP and keeping the cute curved edges.


I had some additional tea light candles left after making Christmas gifts that I wanted to box them up to match, in a more compact box than SU!'s Decorative Window Gift Boxes (which are a bit big for just 4 small tea lights alone), and found these measurements on Cindy Brumbaugh's blog which worked perfectly. I used a piece of window sheet DSP from the Quatrefancy Specialty pack to create a little window in my box.

The little bow to decorate the box was also made using the Envelope Punch Board and I found a great little tutorial on how to do this by Paula Knall. Again, so easy to do!

Stampin' Up! products make it so easy to make beautifully coordinated cards and gifts, inspire our creativity and allow us to inspire others. I love being a SU! demonstrator and being part of a great challenge team as Just Add Ink.

Now that you have seen my project (and hopefully taken the time to read my post) you are ready to 'hop' on over to the talented Narelle Farrugia's blog to see what beautiful projects she has created with these products. Simply click on the 'Blog Hop Button' below.



Have fun 'hopping' around and if you get lost don't forget to come back here for the list of DT members and/or pop in to the JAI Blog for the same guidance.

Mae Collins (you are here!)

Enjoy!

15 comments:

inkeverywhere said...

Great ideas for a special birthday Mae. I love the co-ordinated gifts all together. Chantell x x

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

I really love the colour combo you've picked - very classy!

Mary said...

That's a really great project Mae. I think the Thinlits are just perfect for special birthdays, and so is that dsp.
Mary

jenhayward said...

What a nice gift set Mae. Very classy!!! Love what you have made.

Jenny

Anna said...

I love the black and white together it always looks fresh and clean, and a great card set.

KayJ said...

Love it! Love it! Love it!

Patrice said...

Soooo very elegant Mae. Love your beautifully coordinated gift set x

Robyn Oliver said...

Oh wow Mae, your card and envelope are stunning - black and white really effective. Cheers

Christine Blain said...

Such beautiful, co-ordinating, projects Mae. I love how you decorated the card - stunning.

KimB said...

Mae this is strikingly elegant and a very special present indeed! I love the thought and detail you put in to celebrate your sister's milestone birthday. xxx

Nikki Spencer said...

Classy, elegant and so beautifully coordinated Mae! Glad my big Birthday could inspire you...lol! You've aced this challenge. xxx

Narelle Farrugia said...

Absolutely gorgeous Mae! This is such an elegant colour combo that I adore!

alagent said...

Love the card and tea lite box! Very elegant! Which tea lites did you use? My Yankee candle nor IKEA ones are a tad too big to fit good in the box!

Mae Collins said...

The tealights I used where a Shadows brand from Jenerick.

alagent said...

Thanks Mae for your quick response. Don't think I'll be able to find these in the states here, bummer. I'll check on some other brands.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails