Friday, January 31, 2014

JAI #200 - Inspiration Challenge

Hi and welcome to my blog whether a regular follower or a new visitor, I hope you find some inspiration here.

Today, being Friday means another challenge from Just Add Ink and this particular one is not only an inspirational picture one, but also a milestone for JAI...our 200th Challenge! How exciting is that!

Thanks to our loyal followers and participants we are still able to bring you regular weekly challenges and we love seeing what you create.

This week's inspirational photo was found by Nikki and it is such a cheery one, full of sunshine or that it how it makes me feel anyway.


Although I knew which stamp set and coordinating die I wanted to use for my card this week, based on the daisies in the photo, I wasn't exactly sure where to go from there. So I just started getting my flowers stamped and cut out and then found some DSP that I thought would complement and went from there.


Mae's Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps: Secret Garden, Itty Bitty Banners
Ink: Daffodil Delight
Cardstock: Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Birthday Basics DSP
Accessories: Secret Garden & Bitty Banners Framelits, In Color Dahlias, Daffodil Delight 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots and Snail Adhesive

We hope you can join us and don't forget to check out the other DT blogs for inspiration. Pop on over to Just Add Ink to see how the DT found inspiration from this beautiful photo.

Enjoy your weekend!

7 comments:

Paula said...

It's nice to know a designers thought process when putting a card together, especially what the starting point was! I like the subtle Hexagon embossing on the background paper to Mae!

KimB said...

I love the details in this bright fresh card Mae. The hexagon embossing and the daisy centres really complement the flowers.xxx

Nikki Spencer said...

Love the background dsp Mae, it's the perfect backdrop for that lovely bunch of blooms. xxx

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

What a lovely display of flowers! You've pulled everything together beautifully!

Christine Blain said...

The bold green DSP makes for a really eye-catching background for the flowers, Mae. Lovely card.

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is so pretty Mae - I love how you've added texture to your gorgeous green DSP and your flowers with the dahlia centres are so lovely!

Patrice said...

Ohhhh ahhhh love that dsp you've used. Secret Garden is such a gorgeous stamp set - several of us went with it for this challenge (although I changed mine before photographing). Love your daisy display x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails