Friday, February 7, 2014

Just Add Ink #201 - Colour Challenge

Yay for Friday and a long weekend here!

Over at Just Add Ink this week we have a Colour Challenge brought to us by the lovely Kim. It sure inspired the Design Team with an array of different cards.


When I saw these colours I thought of the beach or water with a splash of red some where. So what better way to blend these colours for a beach theme than with my brayer. That is where I started and then I had to think of an image to use that I could add my splash of colour and so out came a retired stamp set and I was set.


Maybe the fact that my craft room looks out over the beach also gave me inspiration and a sense of serenity that I think this card achieves.

I paper pieced the dress and hat to add the splash of red and added a little bit of red ribbon to match. I enjoyed using my brayer and creating this card, so much that I continued on and decorated the inside a little with some of that lovely spotted DSP.


Mae's Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps: Summer by the Sea (retired), Gorgeous Grunge
Ink: Island Indigo, Pool Party, Sahara Sand, Real Red
Cardstock: Island Indigo, Sahara Sand, Brights DSP
Accessories: Brayer, White Gel Pen, 1/8" Real Red Taffeta Ribbon, Snail Adhesive

The DT have made some lovely and varied cards to provide you with inspiration so don't forget to pop on over to the JAI blog and check them out and then join in the fun!

What have you got planned for the weekend? Mine is unplanned as yet, but hopefully relaxing and maybe some crafting. Whatever you do have fun this weekend.

5 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

Your use of the challenge colours is so lovely and different Mae. The paper piecing is such a wow! and you've definitely achieved your serene concept.xxx

Patrice said...

Mae this is definitely one of my favourites of your cards. Such a beautiful beach scene. Your brayering is perfect (jealous much) and this card has turned out absolutely perfectly. x

KimB said...

This is such a lovely card Mae! Matching these colours to the beach would never have occurred to me but I can see how your view would have helped your inspiration along. Fantastic brayering! xxx

Narelle Farrugia said...

I totally loved this card as soon as I saw it in the private gallery - so soft and dreamy Mae!

Christine Blain said...

This is really beautiful, Mae. I love the details you've added to the sand, love the way you've used these colours, and just adore the bright pops of red!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails