Friday, February 7, 2014

With Love

With Valentine's Day not far away, many of the challenges have a 'love' theme, so I thought I would have a go at creating a quick and easy card that I can enter into several challenges as well as having an easy design for a workshop.

Here is my card...


Mae's Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps: Field Flowers
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Strawberry Slush, Sahara Sand
Cardstock: Whisper White, Pretty in Pink
Accessories: Clear Blocks, Snail Adhesive

To get my smudged effect behind my flower I simply inked up a Clear Block with Pretty in Pink ink and swiped it across my card. So you see they are not just used to mount stamps but they can be used directly themselves...I can see a brick wall effect possibly for a future card, can't you?

The challenges I am going to enter this card for are:

The Card Concept - Use Monochromatic Pink - not sure if I would call this card Clean and Simple (because it was easy to make, but it may need more white space for that description) or it could be a Clean and Graphic card...what do you think?

Perfectly Rustics - Show the Love

10 comments:

Kathyk said...

Smashing card and .... yes, I see a brick wall possibility too - great technique

Kathyk

Paper Crafting With Angelina said...

Absolutely lovely.

Patrice said...

Such a lovely card, it really caught my eye. I still haven't tried inking a clear block, but I love the effect so must do it soon.

Deanna Dean said...

Well I just have to say that your "go at it" turned out pretty amazing. I love the soft pink on the background with the pop of darker pink on the flowers. So glad you were able to join us this week at The Card Concept.

Carole said...

I love it...such a detailed image, beautifully colored

Kim Butterworth said...

Beautiful Mae. Love the colours and images used. Thanks for sharing the love with us at Perfectly Rustics.

Jayne Sutcliffe said...

What a beautiful card Mae. I love the colours you have chosen. Thank you for joining us at Perfectly Rustics. Jayne

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh Mae this is so lovely! I think I'd call this card CAS, but then again I've got no idea about CAS because I can't master it! You've done an amazing job and I love the background stamping with the clear block. Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

Geri said...

I'm in agreement with Deanna....your "go at it" was a huge success! What an awesome idea to use your acrylic blocks to create a fabulous background. You have acheived a beautiful monochramtic look with the various shades of pink in the inks and paper!

Personally, I think that your card does have enough white space to be considered Clean & Simple. Thanks for choosing to share it with us this week at the Card Concept Challenge :)

Chriss Blagrave said...

Lovely card, beautifully detailed floral and I love your "smudged" effect...brilliant!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails