Friday, April 4, 2014

Just Add Ink #209


Friday is always a good day as it is not only the last day of the working week for many but also time for another Just Add Ink challenge. This week's challenge has been put forward by Dely and it is to...

Just Add....Layers!

What a multitude of options this gives for cards (Narelle is fab at adding layers!), for gift tags, for gift boxes, for scrapbook layouts, for lots more I am sure.

I have been wanting to play with my Hexagon Hive Thinlits Die since I got it a few weeks back and thought what a good opportunity to with this challenge as I was envisaging a card with layers of hexagons putting a focus on various spaces.

I chose a beautiful and cheery pack of DSP, Birthday Basics, and some matching cardstock and off I went creating!


As usual when I am really happy with how a card turns out I tend to carry my enjoyment through to the middle of the card adding a bit of embelishment there too.


Mae's stamping supplies:

132965

130145

130919

130024

104430

100425

131286
127545
106550

Don't forget to check out the other DT members' inspirational projects over at Just Add Ink and have a fantastic weekend...I intend to with a stamp class tonight and one on Sunday morning, and family activities in between.

5 comments:

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Mae this is a bright and cheery card and you've definitely managed to add lots of layers.

KimB said...

Goodness I could look at this for ages Mae! So many layers of hexagons and patterns. It has a real peekaboo effect.xxx

Narelle Farrugia said...

LOVE this card Mae! What a perfect 3yr old birthday card - love the papers you've used!

Patrice said...

I LOVE the papers you've used for this card Mae. It IS such a bright and happy card and no doubt absolutely loved by the little 3 year old recipient. Awesome layers.

Nikki Spencer said...

I just love this card Mae! The DSP, colours and hexigon layers are such a cute combo. xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails