Friday, May 2, 2014

Just Add Ink #213

This week's Just Add Ink challenge has been chosen by the beautiful Nikki and it is this beautiful inspiring photo...


As soon as I saw this photo I immediately had an idea pop in to my head and some products that I thought were just perfect for this challenge. The cake made me think of presents and so I thought I would decorate a box, especially as it wasn't long after I had watched a live stream event of SU! showing how to decorate and alter the sizes of our Tag a Bag Gift Boxes. I also wanted to try out the great belly band idea that was shown using the Tag a Bag Gift Bags which had a beautiful chevron pattern and in the colours of this photo!

Here is my decorated gift box...


As you can see the projects, patterns and colours were just perfect. I inked the edges of those beautiful Vanilla Flower Trim with pink ink to reflect the colours in the photo and added a little blue butterfly to draw attention to the greeting.

I was very happy with the results and here is a close-up of my tag...



Mae's Stampin' Supplies (some of):





Don't forget to pop on over and check out the other Design Team's great ideas that this photo inspired and then join in the fun too!

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

You and Patrice made beautiful boxes! So lovely! Thank you for sharing!

Nikki Spencer said...

Mae, that tag is just gorgeous! A beautiful project and lovely use of the inspiration. xxx

Bronwyn Eastley said...

So pretty, Mae. Love it.

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Mae I love how you've tied in the chevrons in the packaging into the tag too!

Christine Blain said...

Just divine, Mae! Such a gorgeous project; I love it.

KimB said...

This is so pretty Mae (that flower trim was so lovely wasn't it!). I love your tag and the way you've tied the chevrons in from tag and box. xxx

Patrice said...

Well you and I were on the same track this week Mae. I adore your gift box, very clever use of the chevron paper bag and that little tag is divine! x

Narelle Farrugia said...

Love, love, love this little gift box Mae - so beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails