Friday, June 20, 2014

Just Add Ink #219 - Inspiration photo

Friday comes around again and so does another exciting Just Add Ink Challenge and this week Trish has provided us with this inspirational photo to create from...


I took the colours from this photo as Smoky Slate, Night of Navy and Daffodil Delight and used a new stamp set (coming in the new catalogue!), Work of Art, to create my card.


I thought I had my glasses on when making this card, because I picked up the Smoky Slate Chevron Ribbon and didn't think that gave the boldness that I wanted from my ribbon, so I grabbed the darker blue one in my basket. It wasn't until I was uploading my photo that I thought the colour isn't photographing right on the ribbon, it looks black. Well, with my glasses on, I went back to the ribbon spool and realised it was Basic Black and not a dark blue as I first thought!

Oh well, it was on now and it is staying on!

My hubby didn't like the card too much, he didn't like the font and sizing of the text, but I didn't think it was that bad...a great masculine card don't you think?

Hop on over to the Just Add Ink blog and see what the other Design Team members created using this photo as their inspiration and then join in the fun yourself.

Have a lovely weekend.

2 comments:

KimB said...

Mae I had to laugh your glasses story is a very familiar scenario. I think the strong contrast to the black ribbon works - so it was a fortuitous mistake!!xxx

Louise Sharp said...

I really love the boldness of the black ribbon (and great minds think a-like! LOL)
You made me laugh Mae! A beautiful card as always. Lou xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails