Friday, September 12, 2014

Thankful for you

With a day off yesterday I was thankful that I could spend a morning with my daughter just chatting and sharing mother/daughter stuff. I also spent some time sorting some paperwork with my husband who I have been thankful for over these last couple of busy months. I have been working long hours and he has been off work and at home, which has ended up in him being chief cook and as soon I have walked in the door he heats it up ready for my. How lucky am I?

Later yesterday afternoon instead of then doing some housework or other chores I got to play in my craft room and as I was feeling in a thankful and creative mood I made a card for today's Just Add Ink challenge. Today it is a colour challenge and they are a beautiful colour combination as you will see from the projects created by the team. Here are the colours...


Here is the card that I created with the colours above...


With such a pretty card front I thought I should carry some of this beauty over to the inside...


Maybe when I feel inspired I should actually write in this card a special message to my daughter and tell her how thankful I am to have her as part of my life. Always nice to receive handmade cards and not just on your birthday or special occasions. We should always check on our friends and family and make sure they are ok, don't you think?

I am so thankful for so many things in my life and also for the wonderful team at Just Add Ink who have allowed me to slacken off with my Design Team commitments for a few months while the 'busy tax season' is upon me and dims my creativity! I don't even get creative with clients figures as that would not do for the ATO!

Have a lovely weekend. I will be spending part of it working and little of it planning my upcoming NZ trip with one of my BFFs.

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to stop over at Just Add Ink to see what inspiration the other team members have for you with this lovely colour combo!


Products I used in my project:

5 comments:

Sharnee Torrents said...

Amazingly beautiful card dear Mae!! I love all the colours you've achieved on that butterfly and then that thin piece of ribbon just finishes it off nicely!
Smiles Sharnee :)

KimB said...

The colours are just perfect for a bright and airy feeling card Mae. The butterfly adds all the detail needed. So glad you got a chance to play in your craft room! xxx

Nikki Spencer said...

A beautiful use of Swallowtail Mae, l really must pull mine out and have a play, thanks for the reminder..:0)
Lovely to see you getting in some playtime. xxx

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Mae it's fantastic that you are surrounded by such loving and caring people! So glad you had a little time to yourself and were able to find the creativeness to make this pretty card :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh wow Mae - that butterfly is just so striking!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails