Wednesday, October 14, 2015

JAI #283 - Sketch Challenge

Well it has been quite awhile since I have been apart of the Just Add Ink Design Team, let alone joined in with a challenge. So after getting my kits prepped and packed for my Christmas Stamp-a-Stack this Sunday, and rather than tidy up the mess or get the stamps/inks/tools ready, I decided to continue getting creative and join in the latest Sketch Challenge at Just Add Ink.

Here is the sketch they had for their latest challenge...
As I had Christmas paper and stamps etc around why not continue on and make another Christmas card, you need lots right?

Here is my card using the Home For Christmas Designer Series Paper (in the current Holiday Catalogue), fussy cutting a poinsettia and coordinating that with Real Red cardstock and one of the words from the Christmas Greetings Thinlits Dies (you can bundle and save with the Holly Jolly Greetings stamp set in the catalogue).


Did you notice that I used some Crystal Effects to add some shine and dimension to the centre of the poinsettia and also the word Merry? Don't look too closely as it hadn't quite dried yet, but I needed to take my photo and get it uploaded before the challenge ended, lol.

I also decorated the inside of my card with a strip of the DSP and a greeting from the Merry Everything stamp set (in the current Stampin' Up! catalogue).


This team is inspiring with their weekly challenges and creative projects. If you have been struggling like me to find your mojo lately then the Just Add Ink blog is one place to start to find it and lots of inspiration to get your creative juices flowing!

 ~waving~ at my past team members and part of my SU! family! ♥

9 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Well, hi there! Waving right back at you, Mae. This is one beautiful Christmas card. I love those papers, and the shiny "Merry" is a standout feature. So nice to have you play along with us at Just Add Ink this week!

Nikki Spencer said...

Hello lovely Mae, so nice to see you pop up in the JAI feed..:0) Glad you've been crafting and that you decided to join in this week. Your card is beautiful Mae, the shiny sentiment is gorgeous, a lovely classic style Christmas card!
Miss you lot's and hope we see you here more often...Mwah!

KimB said...

Hey Mae this is lovely and very vintage!!! Love the deep rich tones and the hint of glossy shine ;) I'm glad you didn't wait for it to dry so nice to have you join in with us. xxx

Paula Dobson said...

Just "Wow"!! Love the traditional look of your gorgeous card Mae. The shiny "Merry" is a great touch and makes it stand out from the mat finish on everything else. So glad we could play along with the JAI girls together this week! xox

Tina said...

Waving right back to you Mae! I love the Home For Christmas paper and you've used it beautifully on your card. The Poinsettia is a great focal point.

Patrice said...

Ooooh this is gorgeous, Mae. Love the inside of your card as much as the outside. Really lovely to see you 'pop up' this week and hope it happens again soon - waving right back at you. xox

Jodene said...

Hi stranger! Love your Christmas card, especially that beautiful glossy 'merry' across the front :) So lovely to have you pop in and play along with us! xx

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

WOW Mae I just adore this sweet Christmas card!!! So lovely to see you joining in the challenge this week :)

Liz Williams said...

Those cards are fabulous!! I would love to participate in a challenge like this sometime soon!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails