Friday, November 13, 2015

80th birthday

This coming week my father will be turning 80 and so I thought I should make him an extra special birthday card.

Again to find inspiration, as I haven't been creating for a while now, I searched Pinterest and found a lovely idea from Amanda (The Craft Spa). She had easy instructions to follow (I used the imperial ones) and I used a retired DSP paper pack Mocha Morning. I felt this colour combination would work well for a significant birthday and a masculine card, using Early Espresso as the card base. Having a pack of 12x12 Neutral Cardstock also made it easy to follow the imperial measurements without any trouble.

When I went to photograph my card I found it difficult to take a shot with it fully closed, so I ended up adding a piece of ribbon to keep it closed. I don't think it makes it too feminine.

I definitely need to get my light box set up as these photos are not the best, sorry about that.



I hope he likes the card and now I need to find a suitable gift to go with it!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Mae, What a fabulous card for your Dad! I like it! Well Done! And Thank you for sharing!

Amanda said...

Great Double Display Card Mae... I hope he loved it! So glad you found the tutorial easy to follow... And thanks for the shout out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails