Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Baby Shower

I have had lots of reasons to be in my craft room lately, besides trying to sort it out, as I have had several cards to make. This one is for a baby shower that I am attending this weekend and I used part of my gift as inspiration for the colour choice, as well as the fact that it needed to be neutral as they don't know the sex of the baby at this point in time...or they are simply not saying!

I also had fun playing with some more of my new products from Stampin' Up!'s newly released Annual Catalogue.

Here is the toy that I was inspired by for my colour choice Cucumber Crush, Pacific Point and Hello Honey (not sure the green is exactly Cucumber Crush and Hello Honey is a retired In Color, but that was what I went with anyway)...isn't he a cute little elephant?


I created my own background paper using the new Irresistibly Floral Specialty DSP (you can find it on p172 of the new Annual Catalogue or here in my online store) and inking the pattern up with my colours and the new Sponge Brayers. The Sponge Brayers come in a box with 2 handles and 4 sponges, so I think at this stage I might just try and keep a sponge for each colour spectrum, eg greens, blues, yellows, reds. You can find them on p180 or here in my online store).

Here is my card front using the beautiful 3-step stamping Baby Bear stamp that I won in Prize Patrol at OnStage in Sydney a month or so back, when the new catalogue was launched. I stamped him in Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake and Soft Suede...isn't he sweet? His bow tie is stamped in Cucumber Crush where I stamped off the colour for the first layer and then the full colour on top. This allows you to have more than one shade of the same colour if you only have one ink pad.


Because the Baby Bear stamp set is a photopolymer stamp I was able to manipulate my greeting in an arch shape to match the Duet Banner punch that I wanted to use.

As this was a very special card I had to carry through the theme into the middle of my card and added another little greeting inside. You can see all the products used in this card at the bottom of my blog post.


If you would like to order any of the products that I have used in this card click on the product image below and it will take you to my online store....or why not join this month and get your items at a demo discount....PLUS, just for joining in June you will get to choose TWO FREE stamp sets of your choice! If you don't want to join but would like to receive EXTRA rewards then host a stamping event or collect orders of $450 or more and you will get the regular benefits plus $50 extra Stampin' Rewards for product of your choice. Click here for more info! Or contact me directly at maecollins2@gmail.com

When ordering in June don't forget to add this month's Hostess Code before you finalise your order: TAG92WNB -- any orders of $100+ will receive in July from me the NEW Metallic Enamel Shapes for FREE!

NOTE:  if you click the box to not allow your demonstrator to contact you, I will NOT have your name, address, email or phone number and you will NOT receive the free gift from me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails