Friday, July 15, 2016

Blooms & Bliss gift boxes



When I am busy in my day job and life in general, but I want some downtime to play in my craft room, I take inspiration and creativity from other talented SU! demonstrators or customers. Today is no exception (after mowing the lawns today, I think I deserved a time to play!).

I am a regular follower of Pootles YouTube videos and thought these little boxes were just so timely as today I unboxed my latest order and in it was this beautiful Blooms & Bliss DSP, plus the coordinating stamp set Blooms & Wishes (see page 139 AC) and the matching cardstock pack (see page 173 AC).



Sam in her video made these cute little boxes seem so easy and they are! They are made from one piece of 6" x 6" DSP (so you can get 4 from one 12x12 sheet) and using our Simply Scored Scoring Tool you score one side at 1 3/8", 2 3/4", 4 1/8", 5 1/2″. Turn the piece 90 degrees and on the second side score at 1 3/8". Check her video out here for easy to follow directions.


The tags I stamped myself with the Blooms & Wishes stamp set, then punching them out with the Decorative Label Punch and sponging the edges with a contrasting ink colour. Adhering them to the box front with a couple of dimensionals. Of course I put a little sweet treat inside before tying on some ribbon!

As I didn't have any Mint Macaron Sheer Linen Ribbon (how I forgot that on my order I don't know!) I tried using some Burlap Ribbon but splitting it in half length ways to make it thinner, sort of worked.
Don't forget to add this month's Hostess Code: S3HPGKYA before finalising your order to get a little gift from me next month and if you order is $90 you will also receive a $9 Bonus Days coupon to redeem in August! You will need an active email address to receive this benefit.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails