Saturday, July 16, 2016

Christmas in July!

Well we often think of Christmas in July, I don't really know why, maybe because you are meant to think of snow at Christmas and that is when we have it here in the Southern Hemisphere...in July!

I saw this sketch challenge over on the Just Add Ink blog and thought that a Christmas card in July would suit this sketch well with my other new items from my latest SU! order...the Swirly Bird Stamp Set & Swirly Scribble Thinlits Dies (purchased as a bundle with a 10% saving!).


I was going to put this together last night while I had the design in my head but I ran out of time...so I have snuck into my craft room again today, in between washing the bed linen (as we actually have a sunny and clear day today, no sign of snow!), and got out my stamps, dies and inks again!

This is the card I put together and my background DSP is from a very versatile 6" x 6" pack called Serene Scenery which I have used several times before.


I used a rhinestone to give my little bird a bright sparkly eye and I also used some Cherry Cobbler Candy Dots (now retired, but something similar would be the new Enamel Shapes) to add dimension on my swirly branch.

Here is a close up...

When I can and I have time I try to also follow the design through to the middle of my card and I did today using some of the coordinating stamps...I did however, use a retired stamp for the inside greeting (Petite Pairs).


You should pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog and see what inspiration the design team there have for you...I particular like the card made by Rochelle Block this week.

Thanks for stopping by and if you don't have your own SU! demonstrator in Australia feel free to drop me a message if you would like your own copy of the current Annual Catalogue or if you want to shop online 24/7 from the comfort of your own home then pop on over to my Online Store here and don't forget to add this month's Hostess Code S3HPGKYA before you finalise your order, to receive in August a thank you card from me and an extra little gift!


8 comments:

Christine Blain said...

This is so sweet, Mae; the DSP is perfect, to set a snowy scene. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week! I, too, am enjoying getting some bed linen washed and on the line - it's so nice to have a bit of sunshine.

Jan said...

This I s such a fabulous Christmas card Mae! The way your little bird is perched on your wreath is so adorable and your choice of DSP is indeed perfect for a Wintery scene. So lovely to see you back at Just Add Ink this week :-)

LeAnne said...

This is so pretty....a perfectly sweet Christmas card! Pin-worthy for sure!

Di Barnes said...

This really made me smile, Mae. I love the combination of the snowy paper (clever girl) & the sweet birdie on the wreath. Really inspired. Glad you could play along at JAI this week.
Hugs, D :)

Rochelle Blok said...

What a fabulous card Mae! Love the DSP from Serene Scenery. Makes it look like snow and the little bird perched on the Swirly Scribble is a gorgeous addition. I'm so glad you liked my card. Thanks so much for playing along and I hope we see you next week at Just Add Ink. Rochelle xo

KimB said...

Oh this is lovely Mae - I love the way you used the dies to create this sweet Christmas scene - that DSP is just perfect for snow! Delighted you could join us at Just Add Ink this week.

Nikki Spencer said...

Hello my lovely friend, so nice to see you pop up in the JAI feed. xx
I love your Christmas take on the sketch Mae, Swirly birds works beautifully with that snowy dsp.XXX

inkeverywhere said...

Hi Mae, Lovely to see you playing along.....sweet little card - I really like how you have used the dies for a Christmas Theme, I would not have thought of that. Chantell x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails