Monday, January 2, 2017

Lucky Elephant collection

This Christmas/New Year Break has been a good one for me as I have had less commitments and so more time to play in my craft room. I have been creating up a storm (or maybe just a little breeze as I find my creativity coming in small bursts) and getting the opportunity to create projects with many of our new products coming in the new Occasions and Sale-a-Bration catalogues, available from 4 January!

This latest collection of projects has been inspired by the beautiful Moroccan DSP (p173 Annual Catalogue) and the new Lucky Elephant stamp set (p29 Occasions Catalogue). An elephant is said to be lucky if it has a raised trunk and this one does!


When I first saw this stamp in the Occasions catalogue at OnStage in Brisbane, in November, I didn't think I would buy it. However, as is the case sometimes for my customers who attend my classes or workshops, once it is demonstrated then you often just have to have it because you can see so many uses for it. This was the situation for me. I saw it demonstrated at OnStage and thought I could use that one! So here is my first collection of projects using this stamp set, it has the fabulous elephant and a greeting 'Good Luck!'.

Instead of starting with a card I got the idea of doing a scrapbook layout using a photo my daughter had taken of her and her boyfriend when they went to Bali last year...it was just meant to go together!


The colours in the Moroccan DSP just helped make the photo pop off the page and matched the colours in the photo so well. I embossed the elephant in gold embossing powder on the bottom edge and made my title with retired Big Shot letters. The journalling was text taken directly from her FB page when she posted about her first elephant ride and the fun they were having on their first holiday together in Bali. I was actually pleased with the result and so was she when I snapchatted it to her while they were attending the recent Falls Festival...she actually thought I was doing an album for her of their trip...I have more of my own to do first, I just thought the photo went so well with my stamp set and the projects I wanted to create.


I then created a card using the same paper and the embossed elephant, which I fussy cut, then raised off the card front with stampin' dimensionals and added some gold enamel shapes to add bling!


This good luck theme then progressed into a gift box, desktop calendar and notepad, coordinating so well together. One project seemed to inspire the next.


 

The desktop calendar has a little pouch in front that fits nicely a pack of post it notes. I am always grabbing post it notes, or notebooks, to write little messages to myself when browsing the web for inspiration or responding to emails I receive about Stampin' Up! related topics.


My elephant on the calendar project was embossed in Copper and again added some gold enamel shapes to add bling!



The next card that I made, I tried to replicate what was demonstrated at OnStage, however I realised I didn't write any notes about the technique and so had to improvise how they achieved the effect. I stamped the elephant in Pool Party ink and then using my Dapper Denim marker to add some contrast in various areas, then using a spritzer I misted a little water on to the inked image before stamping. I am not sure that this was exactly what I saw done now, however, I got a stamped image that I was happy with. I used my Sahara Sand marker to ground my elephant so he didn't appear to be floating on the Shimmery White cardstock.


Having previously played with embossing my elephant in both copper and gold, I still had an embossed elephant to use, so this next card is what it when on, with a balloon still floating on my desk from an earlier project... pun intended!


My final card was inspired by one I had seen on the display board at OnStage using the stamping-off technique which gives the illusion of depth and multiples of images. It is also a great way to get different colour tonings using only one stamp pad.


From one simple stamp set I was able to create this great collection of projects and I could have gone on creating more, but I wanted to get onto using some more of my new products and created samples for my upcoming launch.

I will definitely be creating a replica of some these projects but with a silver elephant as one of my team members has just promoted to the title of Silver (congratulations Leesa!) and these projects have given me a gift idea to celebrate her achievement... her title promotion also helped me in one of my SU! goals for 2017 and that was to promote to the title of Silver Elite (a goal I have been wanting to achieve for the past 12 months). Hopefully, this means that the next OnStage I get to attend I can also attend the CentreStage events for those holding the title of Silver Elite and above!

If you want to come and join my team, the Tassie Inkydinks (and no, you don't need to live in Tasmania to join me, but you must live in Australia) then check out the details here. Wait a couple of more days and there will be extra benefits to joining during Sale-a-Bration...more details to come later!

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to leave some love with a comment on what project you liked the most.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails