Monday, February 13, 2017

Cool Treats on a cool day...in summer!

Well it has been a week since I last posted and as today isn't so nice to be outside doing things, blustery, cool and the occasional/random showers, unless of course you are a windsurfer... several enjoying the conditions outside my craft room window!

I decided that as I needed to make a few birthday cards I would get into using the new products I have from the Cool Treats suite (p32-33 Occasional Catalogue).


This was the first card that I made using a piece of the beautiful glossy Tasty Treats Specialty Designer Series Paper for my card panel, on a card base using the coordinating Crumb Cake cardstock, and then adding some additional embelishments.


I have taken a real fancy to using the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies for my greetings these days and with the Layering Ovals Framelits to create a scalloped border I find it so quick and easy to make a beautiful focus on my card.

Of course I couldn't go past playing with the coordinating stamps and dies to create a tasty little icecream treat, and the Sprinkles Embelishments, just added that extra topping! I love how it really looks like a waffle cone... I sponged a little Crumb Cake ink over the cone and added a little Wink of Stella to both the cone and icecream.

Although I didn't photograph the inside of the card I did add a little greeting inside and using some coordinating Tasty Treats Designer Washi Tape I carried across the beautiful theme from the card front to the inside of the card, which always makes your cards more special.

The second card I made using this suite of products was a little notecard sized birthday card and this time I added a sneak peak of one of the products coming out on 21 February as part of the 2nd release Sale-A-Bration items... I think the green glimmer paper helps my icecream look as if it is covered in lime sherbet... what do you think?


I added a strip of Tasty Treats Designer Washi Tape to my envelope and again to the inside of my card for a quick and easy way of matching them together.

The third and final card I made last night from this suite of products took a little more time and a bit more fiddling, but I was pleased with the result.


Icecream sundaes should always have sprinkles and so this theme led so easily into a shaker card! Again the Layering Ovals Framelits came in useful and are just as easy to use with cardstock, dsp or our fabulous Window Sheets. Don't you just love how the Sprinkles Embelishments fall on top of and around the sundae?

My Pool Party Baker's Twine snuck in from the Cupcakes & Carousels Embelishment Kit! I was going to use one of the super cute Pool Party bows from that kit but thought it was a bit too much with everything else going on on my card so I just stayed with a bow on the twine.

I just LOVE how Stampin' Up!'s products coordinate to help us make beautiful projects so easily, even if you don't feel you are a creative person, with these products you can always make a beautiful card or gift! Even better is the coordinating bundles where you save $s, with the Cool Treats Bundle you save 10%!!

Which card is your favourite?

****************

Below is a list of the products I have used and if you want to recreate these projects just simply click an image to take you to that product in my store... don't forget when ordering in February to enter my Host Code for the month K4PPB4HD, so you receive a gift and thank you card from me in March!

If you would like to get together with some friends to make any of the projects you see here on my blog then contact me today to book a time OR if you want to join my team and get your own continual 20% discount on the products you buy then sign up here [Sale-A-Bration has added bonuses for new demos!]... want more details about anything I have shared here contact me with NO obligations!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails