Saturday, February 4, 2017

Lift Me Up!

Life has been busy again lately, so much so, that I have had this card sitting on my craft table waiting to be put together for over a week now!

Coming in to my craft room today was meant to lift me up and take me away in to the world of creativity...but, yet again I let myself get distracted with other organisational or planning ideas and don't get creative! Those are not a bad thing and they need to be done too, but I need to also allow myself to play with the many beautiful products and tools we have available through Stampin' Up!

I wanted to join in with the latest Colour INKspiration challenge using the colours of Soft Sky, Mint Macaron, Garden Green, Wisteria Wonder and Whisper White. This colour scheme seem to easily lend itself to the Succulent Garden Suite (p 20-22 in the Occasions Catalogue), especially as their image also showed succulents, but I don't have any of that range and so I thought I would get out my Lift Me Up! bundle and play with that set instead.


Here is the card I created using this colour combination, and you should see the different pieces of diecuts floating around on my table, as I tried to decide which colour way to create my feature balloon! Maybe in another week's time they too might find themselves on a card front lol!


I gave my feature balloon a gloss cover using my Fine Tip Glue Pen, however, if I am honest with you I wasn't go to use this one as it ended up with an air bubble set into it. I didn't want to waste this balloon and as it takes a day or so to fully set using the glue pen this way I decided to cover my boo boo with a rhinestone...then I added a few more!

I added a couple of extra clouds die cut from our beautiful Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper to add some more bling! The background paper is from the FREE Carried Away DSP available with any $90+ order (from any of the catalogues and specials) that can earned during our Sale-A-Bration period 4 January - 31 March 2017. See all the current catalogues by clicking here!

What have you done recently that has taken a while to put together or how have you covered up a boo boo on your project?


1 comment:

Kath Cherrie said...

I like using the enamel embellishments to cover up my wee boo-boos. Had to do that just yesterday and was pleased with the result overall. I think your card looks great

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails