Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Delightful Daisy

I have been playing with the Daisy Delight bundle, which will be available from 1 June in the new Annual Catalogue, and you may have seen on my Facebook business page this image showing my work in progress.


I found inspiration for this card from my very talented friend (and Just Add Ink team member) Tina Gillespie (see her card here). I loved the simplicity of her layout and that the card featured the beautiful bold flower.

I used her layout and recreated my card with a different colour combination. I focussed on Daffodil Delight and Calypso Coral, with a hint of Sahara Sand. I stamped the flower three times in Calypso Coral and coloured it carefully (as Whisper White cardstock can pill if wet too much) with Daffodil Delight ink using my aqua painter. Then after punching each out with the coordinating Daisy punch, I layered each flower, offsetting them, to create a fuller flower head.


I used the Timeless Textures stamp set to create the background under the flower with Daffodil Delight and Sahara Sand ink. This set is carrying over in to the new catalogue which I am pleased as we no longer have the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set.

Did you see another sneak peak of a new product? The centre of my flower is one of the new faceted gems, soon to be available, in clear and gold. These are gorgeous and come in different sizes.

I tied some linen thread around the top of my card panel and then mounted it on a card base of Daffodil Delight.

Stamping Supplies:



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails