Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Global Design Project - Colour Inspiration

I haven't played along with any challenge sites for a while, but when I saw the Colour Inspiration palette on the Global Design Project blog, I immediately thought the colours would work well with a new stamp set that I received at OnStage... Fabulous Flamingo!

Although, at the same time I recalled something a graphic designer said to me many years ago "usually the first design is something everyone would think of and so you need to create a couple of designs before you get that unique design". However, as I am often short on creative time I decided that what I had in mind would be what I made and it also gave me another reason to post on my blog!

Here is the colour palette...
For my flamingo I did play around with some variations and the different stamps available, such as black legs and outlines over my image, however, I much preferred the single colour option. I first stamped full strength Calypso Coral with the legs and body image and then using the same colour stamped off (stamped some ink off on to my grid paper before stamping again) and then stamped the feathers and top section of the head. The photopolymer stamps make it easier to align your two-step stamping images!


I also used the 'stamping off' technique with my leaves, first stamping full strength leaves in Old Olive and then stamping again giving a lighter image. This allows for depth of colour and the appearance of depth in the leaves. Same process was used with the reeds on the bottom section of my picture.


My panel of designer series paper (DSP) was from the new Delightful Daisy DSP pack and coordinated well with this image. I mounted everything on Basic Black cardstock, with just a slim border. I even gave my flamingo a little black eye with my Stampin' Write Marker! I had considered a tiny rhinestone but felt that might put too much of a focus on that area of the flamingo.

Inside I put an thin strip of the DSP and stamped some reeds in the bottom corner carrying over the front theme to the inside.

Although it might be predictable in design I was pleased with the results and felt the colours worked extremely well with this new stamp set. Another new product that has now seen ink!!

The new Annual Catalogue 2017-2018 goes live on 1 June! So if you don't have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator in Australia and would like to receive a copy of this fabulous new catalogue then email me today: maecollins2@gmail.com

Have a great week!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails