Saturday, June 24, 2017

Masculine Happy Birthday Card

Hi! My name is Mae Collins and it has been a week since I have last posted on my blog!

Sorry about the gap between posts but as life is busy some week's more than others, I blog as often as I can. You can still follow me on my Facebook business page where I seem to be able to do quicker posts and updates!

This week's post is my contribution to the Colour INKspiration Challenges that I often follow, but do not always get to participate in, via their FB page here

This week the colours were Early Espresso, Marina Mist and Soft Suede. A lovely deep and rich combination inspired from this image...


I was considering using my High Tide stamp set, but then thought why not chop up some of my newly received Wood Textures DSP! This colour combination led me to create a masculine and simple styled card, because I make these few and far between.

Here is my card...


My card base was the Marina Mist as was my die cut Happy Birthday greeting, along with a few Marina Mist stars.

I bordered my wood grained paper with Early Espresso cardstock and the Soft Suede was used to make a shadow effect below the Happy Birthday greeting (see close up below).


I used a piece of Very Vanilla inside my card with a thin strip of wood grain DSP on Early Espresso as a strip on the side to carry through the colours and theme.

I think I need to set up my light tent again somewhere as taking photos late at night in my craft room, although I have daylight globes, the colours do not come out quite true!

I have also been busy tonight making a few more quick and easy birthday cards, however, I will share these with you in the coming days. So pop back in to see what I created, especially if you are new to stamping and need some quick and easy ideas!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and coming week and thanks for stopping by!

Supplies used:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails